Skip to main content

Access To VisualVM Plugin Center

3 replies [Last post]
simon_park_java

Is anyone else having issues connecting to visualvm.java.net? I wanted to install the MBeans plugin but don't seem to be able to access the site. Pretty sure the firewall doesn't selectively block visualvm.java.net since the rest of the java.net domain seems fine (as evidenced by this post).

Thanks,

Simon

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
tonya_rae_moore
Administrator

Are you still having this issue? I just checked it, and was able to load homepage, plugins, etc.

Tonya R. Moore
Assistant Community Manager

Igor_Livshin

I am getting the same problem. You seems to maintain some security for the VisualVM pluging Center. Do we need to set some proxy data to be able to download plugins?

simon_park_java

Unfortunately, yes. If I click the 'Reload Catalog' button in the 'Plugins' dialog, a Warning dialog pops up carrying the message "Unable to connect to the Java VisualVM Plugins Center because of Zero sized file reported at http://visualvm.java.net/uc/7/updates.xml.gz?unique=083438fd9-4266-4f86-8c06-72f3e2f4dbed_bc03fa17-d301-4ce0-8efb-17be9b1f229a".