Skip to main content

Upgrading GlassFish to latest JAXB implementation

1 reply [Last post]
nbhatia

Hi,
I need to replace the JAXB implementation bundled with GlassFish 3.0.1 (JAXB 2.2.1.1) to the latest release (JAXB 2.2.3-1). What's the best way to do this? I tried packaging jaxb-impl-2.2.3-1.jar with my web application but it is not picked up. I also tried replacing jaxb-osgi.jar (under glassfish-3.0.1\glassfish\modules) with jaxb-osgi-2.2.3-1.jar but that completely messed up my GlassFish installation - it doesn't even start anymore! The reason for upgrading to the latest JAXB implimentation is that there seems to be a bug in 2.2.1.1 which is blocking my development.
Please help!
Naresh

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
nbhatia

I have been trying to resolve this issue for the last 4 days. I finally started with a fresh install of GlassFish 3.0.1 and replaced jaxb-osgi.jar (under modules) with version 2.2.3-1 obtained from the java.net maven repository. Using this approach GlassFish does start up, but it's giving me the same runtime error that version 2.2.1.1 did (cannot recognize XmlJavaAdapter - details here). This should not happen because I have unit tested the very same code against version 2.2.3-1 outside of GlassFish. I am definitely running out of ideas now. Can somebody please help. If this is not the right forum for asking this question, could you please guide me to the right place?
I have a really simple standalone project checked into my svn repository that documents and demonstrates the issue. The URL for the project is:http://archfirst.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/java/examples/jaxb-jaxws-sample. I would really appreciate if someone on the JAXB/Metro team could look at this and let me know if I am doing something obviously wrong.
Thanks for your help.
Naresh