Skip to main content

GlassFish does not detect JAX-WS webservice

1 reply [Last post]
nbhatia

I have a simple web service that uses JAX-WS and the standard Metro Stack on GlassFish:

@Stateless
@WebService(serviceName = "SecurityService")
public class SecurityWebService {

@WebMethod
    public void registerUser(RegistrationRequest request) {
    }

@WebMethod
    public AuthenticationResponse authenticateUser(String username, String password) {
    }
}

I have successfully deployed this service on my Windows 7 machine. The GlassFish admin console shows the endpoint and the WSDL link - everything is working fine. However when I deploy the exact same WAR on a different Windows 7 machine, GlassFish does not recognize the web service - I don't get any errors in the logs and even the web pages served by the application work correctly. So why does GlassFish not recognize the web service on the second machine? As far as I can tell I have set the environments identically. The only difference is the hardware - the first machine is a HP desktop running Windows 7 (64-bit) and the second machine is a MacBook running Windows 7 (64-bit) under boot camp.
Please help!

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
nbhatia

Mystery solved! I had installed the Web profile on the second machine which does not have Metro by default.