Skip to main content

Cannot initialize endpoint: GenericSignatureFormatError

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
1 reply [Last post]
dangorst

Hi,
I have a web app that's offering up some restful web services using Jersey which works fine. I'm trying to add some SOAP services that will be consumed by our esb and I get the following error deploying the app, the result being the service is not made available.
[#|2010-12-31T10:40:25.987+0000|SEVERE|glassfishv3.0|javax.enterprise.webservices.org.glassfish.webservices|_ThreadID=23;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|Cannot initialize endpoint : error is :
java.lang.reflect.GenericSignatureFormatError
at sun.reflect.generics.parser.SignatureParser.error(SignatureParser.java:103)
at sun.reflect.generics.parser.SignatureParser.parseSimpleClassTypeSignature(SignatureParser.java:262)
at sun.reflect.generics.parser.SignatureParser.parseClassTypeSignatureSuffix(SignatureParser.java:270)
at sun.reflect.generics.parser.SignatureParser.parseClassTypeSignature(SignatureParser.java:244)
at sun.reflect.generics.parser.SignatureParser.parseFieldTypeSignature(SignatureParser.java:228)
at sun.reflect.generics.parser.SignatureParser.parseTypeArgument(SignatureParser.java:319)
at sun.reflect.generics.parser.SignatureParser.parseTypeArguments(SignatureParser.java:284)
at sun.reflect.generics.parser.SignatureParser.parseSimpleClassTypeSignature(SignatureParser.java:260)
at sun.reflect.generics.parser.SignatureParser.parseClassTypeSignatureSuffix(SignatureParser.java:270)
at sun.reflect.generics.parser.SignatureParser.parseClassTypeSignature(SignatureParser.java:244)
at sun.reflect.generics.parser.SignatureParser.parseFieldTypeSignature(SignatureParser.java:228)
at sun.reflect.generics.parser.SignatureParser.parseTypeSignature(SignatureParser.java:359)
at sun.reflect.generics.parser.SignatureParser.parseTypeSig(SignatureParser.java:157)
at sun.reflect.generics.repository.FieldRepository.parse(FieldRepository.java:34)
at sun.reflect.generics.repository.FieldRepository.parse(FieldRepository.java:24)
at sun.reflect.generics.repository.AbstractRepository.<init>(AbstractRepository.java:56)
at sun.reflect.generics.repository.FieldRepository.<init>(FieldRepository.java:30)
at sun.reflect.generics.repository.FieldRepository.make(FieldRepository.java:48)
at java.lang.reflect.Field.getGenericInfo(Field.java:85)
at java.lang.reflect.Field.getGenericType(Field.java:223)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.nav.ReflectionNavigator.getFieldType(ReflectionNavigator.java:273)

Has anyone seen this before and have any pointers as to where to look in the code?
Cheers,

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
dangorst

Oops, found the problem: I was using a static inner class on a declared exception type the service can throw. Converted this to a top level type and all works...