Skip to main content

When GlassFish is updated through the update tool in GlassFish, does the domain.xml file get written to?

No replies
redhat19

When GlassFish is updated through the update tool in GlassFish, does the domain.xml file get written to?

I ask because while trying to specify a specify IP address for glassfish, by editing or changing the default 0.0.0.0 address attribute through the Admin console for network listeners, admin service and JMX Connector. I restarted GlassFish and it restarted, only not solving the problem I was faced with. I then proceeded to install all the available add-ons restarted my GlassFish and I was presented with a log in screen I couldn't get past (wasn't accepting GlassFish default password - and I had not set one). I had, in the past, experienced this before when I tired to modify the domain.xml file , while trying to add the address attribute directly to the file. So, I knew it was caused by a configuration error and replaced domain.xml with a copy of the original (backed up) and GlassFish started fine. But I'm not sure if the update process makes changes in the domain.xml file, hence I would have lost the modifications.

Thanks.