Skip to main content

Resync not working for library files for specific cluster instance

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
No replies
sahlix

Hello all.

I'm establishing two clusters on two nodes with 2 instances each. One cluster is for production use, the other is for deployment of new release versions so I can change software versions without loss of availability. I don't need session persistence so session replication to the new cluster is not necessary. Environment: Linux/GF 3.1 b43

However, I've got a problem with synchronization between the DAS and the instances. Because the two clusters are running in the same domain, I use different configurations, one for each cluster. Now, the High Availability Administration Guide (HAAG) tells me, to put all cluster specific libraries in <domain-dir>/config/<config-name>/lib directory. Again, the HAAG tells me to trigger a resync on instance restart by 'touch'-ing a top-level file in the directory mentioned above. After restarting the instance(s) the timestamp on the library directory in the config/<config-name> directory changed, but the contents of the directory is not synced.

After trying for half a day I did an export-sync-bundle call and looked into the generated sync-zip-file. What I saw was, that the library directory appears in the file, but - again - the contents of the directory does not appear in the zip-file. I've already double checked the locations and existence of the file in the DAS. It's all there.

What am I missing?

Best regards,
Alexander.