Skip to main content

RES_NOT_FOUND problem

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
5 replies [Last post]
arvasko
Offline
Joined: 2011-07-22

Hi, I'm having a weird problem with Glassfish. I developed an JSF webapp on Netbeans 6.9.1 and the Glassfish that comes with it (Glassfish 3). It all works fine! But I'm deploy at my real Glassfish server 3.0.1, I'm keep getting a RES_NOT_FOUND error after login.

What could possible do this behavior? Getting one result in one server and another on other server?

This is the message I get ("restrito" is the protected directory I have):

<strong>HTTP Status 404 - /restrito/RES_NOT_FOUND not found </strong>

<strong>type </strong>Status report

<strong> </strong>

<strong>message </strong>/restrito/RES_NOT_FOUND not found

<strong> </strong>

<strong>description </strong>The requested resource (/restrito/RES_NOT_FOUND not found) is not available.

It would be helpful if I could now also what exactly Glassfish isn't finding... but the log (glassfish/domains/domain1/logs/server.log) says nothing.

Any help I'll be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
arvasko
Offline
Joined: 2011-07-22

Please, still with this bug that is very painful...

jdlee
Offline
Joined: 2006-01-25

I ran into the same problem this week, but on a dev build of the GlassFish trunk, which gave me a helpful message in the log. I would suggest upgrading your GlassFish installation to 3.1 (or wait a few minutes and 3.1.1 when it's released later today), or upgrade your JSF jars to the latest production version.

Jason Lee

arvasko
Offline
Joined: 2011-07-22

Could you tell me how to debug this problem, my log says nothing... how did you get this "helpful message in the log"?

Thanks for the hopeful reply!

jdlee
Offline
Joined: 2006-01-25

A very wise and intelligent coworker of mine just mentioned that it might be related to the project stage. Try adding this to your web.xml

    &lt;context-param&gt;
        &lt;param-name&gt;javax.faces.PROJECT_STAGE&lt;/param-name&gt;
        &lt;param-value&gt;Development&lt;/param-value&gt;
    &lt;/context-param&gt;

Jason Lee

jdlee
Offline
Joined: 2006-01-25

I got it for "free". I'm assuming that's because my version of GlassFish has a new version of Mojarra integrated, thus my suggestion to upgrade. Once that's done, you should get the log message, which will tell you where to look in your app for the problem.

Jason Lee