Skip to main content

Remote client connection to JMS queue on cluster

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
1 reply [Last post]
schaffer1969

I've created a cluster of two nodes and have a JMS queue.
How do I connect to this JMS queue using a remote client?
The cluster JMS listener is on port 27676.

mq://Glassfish2:27676/,mq://Glassfish3:27676

When I connect using the code I'd use to connect to a stand alone instance the message is not received by the cluster.
I believe it is using the default 7676 port

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
schaffer1969

I've changed iiop to use port 23700 which is the one the cluster (DAS) is using.
I'm getting connection refused exceptions as it is trying to connect to localhost:27676. At least it's the right port.

WARNING: [C4003]: Error occurred on connection creation [localhost:27676]. - cause: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

I've also updated the following values in node config file (domain.xml) to remove references to localhost and replace with the server IP. jms-host and node-host values.

I had this issue before with a stand alone instance and it was resolved by adding entries to the /etc/hosts file. However, this does not seem to resolve the issue. I have all server instances in the hosts file.

Am I missing something very basic here?