Skip to main content

Release date for Glassfish 4.0.1

2 replies [Last post]
scotey

I've been struggling with a few issues with deploying an application that fails for the same reasons as in this jira ticket.

I installed beta versions of Glassfish but the issue would not go away, so I tried using nightly build versions until, ironically, the version on Christmas day worked to circumvent the issue. Further, after running all my test cases, I find that it works perfectly.

The team here is nervous about the prospect of using a nightly version in production, and I could work around the issue with some boilerplate code that would take away all elegance.

I would like to know when version 4.0.1 is expected to be released. Where do I go to check in on the progress of this and future releases?

Thanks,

Scott

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
pdobson

My team is also anxiously awaiting anything newer and less buggy than the 4.0 GA release.

Some people are now speculating that the discontinuance of the commercial version spells doom for the non-commercial version. I am optimistic that is not the case.

A new release would help dispel the rumors.

Any news to share on this?

Thanks,

PD

scotey

I don't have any insight to offer--I'm a user of the product like yourself. That would be a tragedy if the open-source version were to be discontinued, but some of these issues have to be addressed or the product will discontinue itself.

I've worked around the issue for now by doing things the old fashioned way. I've completely dropped the idea of using a beta or nightly build version--I'll have to wait for a release version too.

Scott