Skip to main content

Read Only Access JMX

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
1 reply [Last post]
devostash

I am trying to set up read only access to a non admin user for glassfish.
I thought I could get jmx running a different port and then creating access.propeerties and password,properties files.
Inside the access.properties file I have assigned two roles one readonly and one readwrite.
I have added the following the jvm options

<jvm-options>-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=XXX_JMXPORT_XXX</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.access.file=/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx/jmxremote.access</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.password.file=/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx/jmxremote.password</jvm-options>
I cannot seem to connect to the jmx port I get no errors but just a blank jconsole screen.
If I use the jmxport 8686 with the admin credentials it works fine.

Has anybody managed to give read only remote access through jmx to their Glassfish application?
I am running glassfish server Open Source Edition 3.0.1(build 22)

Can anybody help with this or point me to another forum that might be able to help. I am pretty new to glassfish.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
devostash

Can anybody help with this or point me to another forum that might be able to help. I am pretty new to glassfish.