Skip to main content

Re: @WebService and @Stateless not showing endpoint in GlassFish 4.0

2 replies [Last post]
Antonio Goncalv...
Offline
Joined: 2011-01-04
Points: 0

Hi Lukas,

Indeed... but is it only a bug in the UI ? How come the servlet endpoint
has the following URL :

http://localhost:8080/*sampleJAXWSEndpoints*
/HelloServletEndpointService?wsdl

And the EJB one :

http://localhost:8080/HelloEJBEndpointService/HelloEJBEndpoint?wsdl

Why is the application name *sampleJAXWSEndpoints* disappeared from the EJB
endpoint URL ?

Antonio

2013/6/21 Lukas Jungmann

> Hi,
>
>
> On 06/20/2013 02:27 PM, Antonio Goncalves wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I wrote two very basic SOAP Web Services
>> (https://github.com/agoncal/**agoncal-sample-jaxws/tree/**
>> master/01-EndPoints
>> )
>> : one using a servlet endpoint and another one using an EJB endpoint :
>>
>>
>
>
>>
>> I've packaged them in a war file and deployed the war into a GlassFish
>> 4.0 instance (a full profile). When I check the admin console, I can
>> view the servlet endpoint (test it and see the generated WSDL) but it
>> does not work with the EJB endpoint (see the attached image).
>>
>> Because JAX-WS is not part of the Web Profile I'm wondering if I need to
>> package this into an ear file... Any idea of what's happening ?
>>
>
> looks like a bug in the UI - there are missing View/Test links for EJB
> endpoints in war - can you file it to JIRA[1], please?. To view the WSDL
> just point your browser directly to http://localhost:8080/**
> HelloEJBEndpointService/**HelloEJBEndpoint?wsdl
> to test it, use following URL: http://localhost:8080/**
> HelloEJBEndpointService/**HelloEJBEndpoint?tester
>
> If these URLs do not work, check your server log for correct ones.
>
> thanks,
> --lukas
>
> [1]: https://java.net/jira/browse/**GLASSFISH
>
>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Antonio Goncalves
>> Software architect and Java Champion
>>
>> Web site >
>> | Twitter
>> | LinkedIn
>> >
>> | Paris JUG
>> | Devoxx France
>>
>
>

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site |
Twitter
| LinkedIn | Paris
JUG
| Devoxx France

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Antonio Goncalv...
Offline
Joined: 2011-01-04
Points: 0

Indeed, I can't find anywhere in the spec what is the context root set for
an EJB Endpoint. Do you know how to set it ? Any specific GlassFish
deployment descriptor ?

Here is the JIRA for the bug in the UI :
https://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-20658

Thanks
Antonio

2013/6/24 Lukas Jungmann

> Hi Antonio,
>
>
> On 06/23/2013 10:00 PM, Antonio Goncalves wrote:
>
>> Hi Lukas,
>>
>> Indeed... but is it only a bug in the UI ? How come the servlet endpoint
>> has the following URL :
>>
>> http://localhost:8080/***sampleJAXWSEndpoints*/**
>> HelloServletEndpointService?**wsdl
>>
>>
>> And the EJB one :
>>
>> http://localhost:8080/**HelloEJBEndpointService/**HelloEJBEndpoint?wsdl
>>
>> Why is the application name *sampleJAXWSEndpoints* disappeared from the
>> EJB endpoint URL ?
>>
>
> that comes from the spec - context root is undefined for EJB endpoints
>
> --lukas
>
>
>> Antonio
>>
>> 2013/6/21 Lukas Jungmann > >>
>>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>
>> On 06/20/2013 02:27 PM, Antonio Goncalves wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I wrote two very basic SOAP Web Services
>> (https://github.com/agoncal/__**agoncal-sample-jaxws/tree/__**
>> master/01-EndPoints
>> > master/01-EndPoints
>> >)
>>
>> : one using a servlet endpoint and another one using an EJB
>> endpoint :
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> I've packaged them in a war file and deployed the war into a
>> GlassFish
>> 4.0 instance (a full profile). When I check the admin console, I
>> can
>> view the servlet endpoint (test it and see the generated WSDL)
>> but it
>> does not work with the EJB endpoint (see the attached image).
>>
>> Because JAX-WS is not part of the Web Profile I'm wondering if I
>> need to
>> package this into an ear file... Any idea of what's happening ?
>>
>>
>> looks like a bug in the UI - there are missing View/Test links for
>> EJB endpoints in war - can you file it to JIRA[1], please?. To view
>> the WSDL just point your browser directly to
>> http://localhost:8080/__**HelloEJBEndpointService/__**
>> HelloEJBEndpoint?wsdl
>>
>> > HelloEJBEndpoint?wsdl
>> >
>> to test it, use following URL:
>> http://localhost:8080/__**HelloEJBEndpointService/__**
>> HelloEJBEndpoint?tester
>>
>> > HelloEJBEndpoint?tester
>> >
>>
>> If these URLs do not work, check your server log for correct ones.
>>
>> thanks,
>> --lukas
>>
>> [1]: https://java.net/jira/browse/_**_GLASSFISH
>>
>>
>> >
>>
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Antonio Goncalves
>> Software architect and Java Champion
>>
>> Web site >
>> >>
>> | Twitter
>> | LinkedIn
>>
>>
>> >>
>> | Paris JUG
>> | Devoxx France > >
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Antonio Goncalves
>> Software architect and Java Champion
>>
>> Web site >
>> | Twitter
>> | LinkedIn
>> >
>> | Paris JUG
>> | Devoxx France
>>
>
>

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site |
Twitter
| LinkedIn | Paris
JUG
| Devoxx France

Antonio Goncalv...
Offline
Joined: 2011-01-04
Points: 0

To change the context root I've added the following
WEB-INF\glassfish-ejb-jar.xml file and it works fine :

HelloEJBEndpoint

HelloEJBEndpoint
<*endpoint-address-uri*
>sampleJAXWSEndpoints/HelloEJBEndpointService

true

Antonio

2013/6/24 Antonio Goncalves

> Indeed, I can't find anywhere in the spec what is the context root set for
> an EJB Endpoint. Do you know how to set it ? Any specific GlassFish
> deployment descriptor ?
>
> Here is the JIRA for the bug in the UI :
> https://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-20658
>
> Thanks
> Antonio
>
>
> 2013/6/24 Lukas Jungmann
>
>> Hi Antonio,
>>
>>
>> On 06/23/2013 10:00 PM, Antonio Goncalves wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Lukas,
>>>
>>> Indeed... but is it only a bug in the UI ? How come the servlet endpoint
>>> has the following URL :
>>>
>>> http://localhost:8080/***sampleJAXWSEndpoints*/**
>>> HelloServletEndpointService?**wsdl
>>>
>>>
>>> And the EJB one :
>>>
>>> http://localhost:8080/**HelloEJBEndpointService/**HelloEJBEndpoint?wsdl
>>>
>>> Why is the application name *sampleJAXWSEndpoints* disappeared from the
>>> EJB endpoint URL ?
>>>
>>
>> that comes from the spec - context root is undefined for EJB endpoints
>>
>> --lukas
>>
>>
>>> Antonio
>>>
>>> 2013/6/21 Lukas Jungmann >> >>
>>>
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>
>>> On 06/20/2013 02:27 PM, Antonio Goncalves wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I wrote two very basic SOAP Web Services
>>> (https://github.com/agoncal/__**agoncal-sample-jaxws/tree/__**
>>> master/01-EndPoints
>>> >> master/01-EndPoints
>>> >)
>>>
>>> : one using a servlet endpoint and another one using an EJB
>>> endpoint :
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> I've packaged them in a war file and deployed the war into a
>>> GlassFish
>>> 4.0 instance (a full profile). When I check the admin console, I
>>> can
>>> view the servlet endpoint (test it and see the generated WSDL)
>>> but it
>>> does not work with the EJB endpoint (see the attached image).
>>>
>>> Because JAX-WS is not part of the Web Profile I'm wondering if I
>>> need to
>>> package this into an ear file... Any idea of what's happening ?
>>>
>>>
>>> looks like a bug in the UI - there are missing View/Test links for
>>> EJB endpoints in war - can you file it to JIRA[1], please?. To view
>>> the WSDL just point your browser directly to
>>> http://localhost:8080/__**HelloEJBEndpointService/__**
>>> HelloEJBEndpoint?wsdl
>>>
>>> >> HelloEJBEndpoint?wsdl
>>> >
>>> to test it, use following URL:
>>> http://localhost:8080/__**HelloEJBEndpointService/__**
>>> HelloEJBEndpoint?tester
>>>
>>> >> HelloEJBEndpoint?tester
>>> >
>>>
>>> If these URLs do not work, check your server log for correct ones.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> --lukas
>>>
>>> [1]: https://java.net/jira/browse/_**_GLASSFISH
>>>
>>>
>>> >
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --
>>> Antonio Goncalves
>>> Software architect and Java Champion
>>>
>>> Web site >>
>>> >>
>>> | Twitter
>>> | LinkedIn
>>>
>>>
>>> >>
>>> | Paris JUG
>>> | Devoxx France <
>>> http://www.devoxx.fr/>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Antonio Goncalves
>>> Software architect and Java Champion
>>>
>>> Web site >
>>> | Twitter
>>> | LinkedIn
>>> >
>>> | Paris JUG
>>> | Devoxx France
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Antonio Goncalves
> Software architect and Java Champion
>
> Web site | Twitter
> | LinkedIn | Paris JUG
> | Devoxx France
>

--
Antonio Goncalves
Software architect and Java Champion

Web site |
Twitter
| LinkedIn | Paris
JUG
| Devoxx France