Skip to main content

Glassfish_Corba

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
1 reply [Last post]
nenadm

Hello,

I have java web start swing client and i want to remotely connect to a server-side Enterprise Java Bean via ORB. The client runs on my laptop (windows 8) while the server is on GlassFish application server 3.1 on a remote Linux machine (CentOS 64bit).

When i try to connect to the server-side EJB via a JNDI-lookup, the client just gets stuck and never returns (unless I do not kill it manually).
There is neither an exception on the client nor on the server (according to the log files).
However, it works when i deploy it to the GlassFish installation on my own machine and connect to "localhost".
Even more strange, the JNDI-lookup also works when i deploy the EAR to a GlassFish installation (same version) on a remote Windows machine.

I found out that people had similar problems in past but proposed fixes don't work in my case.

On Linux CentOS machine content of etc/hosts file is as follows:
# IPv4
#127.0.0.1 localhost
5.9.x.x CentOS-64-64-minimal
#
# IPv6
::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

where 5.9.x.x is external address of my linux machine (ping succeed). CentOS-64-64-minimal is name that i got when i connect to
Linux machine via putty, i quess it is server name?
This is how putty console looks like: [root@CentOS-64-64-minimal ~]#

Can someone help me, what is correct configuration of etc/hosts file to make things work.
I am stuck with this problems for a long time and any help will be appreciated.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
boernd

Hi,

have you tried doing a thread dump on the client and server to see where the threads get stuck?

Regards