Skip to main content

Glassfish admin password?

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
2 replies [Last post]
gamer99

With the glassfish 3.1 install that comes bundled with Netbeans 7, login worked (I don't recall now if it asks for no password by default or if the one I specified works).

when I updated it to the latest dev version or install a nighly release (either way), I can't log in no matter what. As admin with password adminadmin, changeit, or none at all.

So what's the real default password now? Getting tired of installing a new copy to overcome this stupid problem.

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
icordoba

Hello,

did you get to solve this? It's happening to me on GlassFish 3.2ß. I have already installed it 5 times. I put everything to work and right after a updatetool update every time there are new packages, the password seems to change. And what is worse... I find absolutely no information on how to reset this admin console password.

Could anybody point any URL where it shows how to change or at least remove the glassfish v3.x admin console password? I'm not reinstalling it again! :-(

Thanks

tmueller

The default password hasn't been changed.
Can you please describe the sequence of steps that you use to
demonstrate this problem?
Specifically, what are the install/update steps. And how are you trying
to login?

Tom