Skip to main content

Glassfish 3.1.2.2(build 5) with mod_proxy_ajp balancer throws 404 error for valid URI

4 replies [Last post]
Shriharsh

Hi All,

We have Glassfish 3.1.2.2(build 5) cluster of 4 servers which is load-balanced using mod_proxy_ajp load-balancer with sticky session on.

The Timeout in Configuration > > Network Listeners > (listener) > HTTP section is set to 30 seconds.

We make a sequence of AJAX calls at a fixed interval to the application deployed on this setup. We observed that when the interval is equal to the Timeout value ( 30 seconds), Glassfish node responds with 404 error code intermittently for a valid URI. While we can ensure that the interval is different than the Timeout value, I want to know why is this happening?

Another problem that we are facing is that despite of setting sticky session on, the requests are getting directed to different nodes occasionally. Since we don't have the session replication enable across node, the session info is lost whenever this happens.

Any help in this direction would be great.

Thanks!

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
boernd

Hi,

@sticky session issue:
Did you try if you have the same issues with mod_jk instead of mod_proxy_ajp? We experienced issues with this combination in the past (not exactly your error pattern but mixed up session info) and switched to mod_jk.

Regards

boernd

And you should probably switch to 3.1.2.2 because there have been some fixes regarding grizzly/ajp, e.g. https://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-18446

Shriharsh

Thanks for replying.

I am sorry, I didn't mention our server version correctly. It is Glassfish 3.1.2.2(build 5).

We haven't tried load balancing with mod_jk yet. We will try that route soon if we don't find any solution.

oleksiys

This patch [1] supposed to fix all known Grizzly related issues on GF 3.1.2.2 including AJP ones.

WBR,
Alexey.

[1] https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7319744/grizzly-gf3122-patch.zip