Skip to main content

Enabling security in Glassfish breaks the Netbeans and Glassfish doesn't start anymore

No replies
sanurmi

I have repeated this now three times, yes stupid me and this is making me crazy! I have a MacBook Pro, no firewall and everything is working fine before enabling security manager.

Netbeans 3.2
Glassfish 3.1.2
Macbook Pro

Phase 1: Create JDBCRealm and save
2: Go to server-config and check Enabled Security manager
3: Choose jdbcRealm for default Realm
4: Press Save-button
5: Restart required--->Restart
6: Nothing happend and log is saying that:
[#|2013-04-09T21:48:47.296+0300|SEVERE|glassfish3.1.2|org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter|_ThreadID=32;_ThreadName=Thread-4;|PWC3989: An exception or error occurred in the container during the request processing
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
|#]
7: Boot machine
8: Start Netbeans
9 Start your app, not working. Server is not starting anymore and log says:

Exception in thread "main" java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission getenv.GlassFish_Platform)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:374)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:549)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
at java.lang.System.getenv(System.java:844)
at com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.ASMainHelper.whichPlatform(ASMainHelper.java:105)
at com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.GlassFishMain.main(GlassFishMain.java:68)
at com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.ASMain.main(ASMain.java:55)

10: Netbeans shows the window after 5 minutes like screenshot attached:

Starting GlassFish Server 3.1.2
Could not connect to admin listener for GlassFish Server 3.1.2.
Verify that NetBeans can make outbound connections to localhost:4848
/Users/temp/NetBeansProjects/testService2/nbproject/build-impl.xml:1034: Deployment error: Could not connect to admin listener for GlassFish Server 3.1.2.
Verify that NetBeans can make outbound connections to localhost:4848
See the server log for details.
BUILD FAILED (total time: 2 minutes 1 second)

Could somebody tell me why this is happening and how could I fix that? If I uninstall Netbeans and install it again, I will get the same problem. If I uninstall and clean everything, history data of Netbeans, cache etc and install it again, it will work again, but this takes time and is annoying.

Is this a bug? is there any possibility to start the server and get in to admin console?

Sami

AttachmentSize
Screen_Shot_2013-04-09_at_10.02.15_PM.png32.65 KB
Screen_Shot_2013-04-09_at_9.50.49_PM.png80.16 KB