Eclipse Kepler Glassfish 4 Setup
I would like to set up the following system development working:
OS: windows 8
IDE: Eclipse Kepler
Java EE Application Server: Glassfish 4.0
The main issue I've had is upon starting the Glassfish server in Eclipse, it hangs about the 69% mark and eventually times out. There has been google search results that talks about it happening in debug mode, but for my case, it is just a normal start up, not debug. I am unsure where the problem lies.
Here is what I did to set it up.
1. Download latest Eclipse Kepler Java EE Developer from eclipse website.
2. Download Glassfish 4.0 zip version from java.net website.
3. Unzip Eclipse, and Glassfish 4.0.
4. Open Eclipse and look for Glassfish Tools for Kepler in market place and installed it.
5. Create Glassfish server in Eclipse, by referencing the Glassfish 4.0 installation directory that was created from "step 3".
6. Registered a simple (e.g. hello world) dynamic website to test the setup.
7. Do a normal (not in debug mode) of Glassfish.
From there on it, the glassfish server does launch, and according to the progress, it says it is "Launching delegate" but it on reach up to 69% and will not proceed beyong that point. Eventually the launch times out, and throws a TimeOut Exception.
I've looked for help via google search and nothing helped so far.
So I'll be clear, I do not know where the actually problem lies let alone knowing how to fix it. And in the past, I've done the same setup procedure (e.g. Eclipse Juno and Glassfish 3.1) and it worked. I'm unsure if there is any deviating steps or additional steps is require for Eclipse Kepler and Glassfish 4.0. Could someone tell me exactly how to make this setup work? Thank you in advance.