Skip to main content

Disappearing JDBC Resources

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
1 reply [Last post]
Robert_Fidler
Offline
Joined: 2012-03-12

Hello
I'm running GF v2.1.1 Patch12.

I have JDBC resources that every time an instance starts up a NameNotFoundException gets thrown saying that it can not find my resource. And every time I have to go into the resource, remove all targets, save and then add them back.

I have 34 resources across 7 clusters on one server and am only having issues with two JDBC resources.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thank you,
Rob

[#|2012-07-09T10:23:33.084-0400|INFO|sun-appserver2.1.1|javax.enterprise.system.stream.out|_ThreadID=17;_ThreadName=pool-1-thread-3;|2012-07-09 10:23:33,082 [ERROR] db.JDBCAccessor - Unable to find datasource:javax.naming.CommunicationException: Serial context communication Exception  [Root exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: SGSAdmDS not found]
|#]

[#|2012-07-09T10:23:33.110-0400|WARNING|sun-appserver2.1.1|javax.enterprise.system.stream.err|_ThreadID=17;_ThreadName=pool-1-thread-3;_RequestID=6138d5b5-0e24-49bb-9239-e624f57af940;|javax.naming.CommunicationException: Serial context communication Exception  [Root exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: SGSAdmDS not found]
        at com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialContext.lookup(SerialContext.java:419)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
        at ca.queensu.uis.framework.objects.db.JDBCAccessor.initConnection(JDBCAccessor.java:267)
        at ca.queensu.uis.framework.objects.db.JDBCAccessor.getStatement(JDBCAccessor.java:163)
        at ca.queensu.uis.framework.objects.db.JDBCAccessor.executeQuery(JDBCAccessor.java:66)
        at ca.queensu.uis.framework.objects.db.bdo.BDDAOCachableImpl.populate(BDDAOCachableImpl.java:142)
        at ca.queensu.uis.framework.objects.db.bdo.BDDAOFactory.create(BDDAOFactory.java:95)
        at ca.queensu.uis.common.objects.struts.plugins.netIDPlugin.frameworkPopulate(netIDPlugin.java:206)
        at ca.queensu.uis.common.objects.struts.plugins.netIDPlugin.frameworkInit(netIDPlugin.java:160)
        at ca.queensu.uis.common.objects.struts.plugins.netIDPlugin.init(netIDPlugin.java:123)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(ActionServlet.java:869)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:336)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:270)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1100)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1023)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:4969)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:5376)
        at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:345)
        at com.sun.enterprise.web.LifecycleStarter.doRun(LifecycleStarter.java:58)
        at com.sun.appserv.management.util.misc.RunnableBase.runSync(RunnableBase.java:304)
        at com.sun.appserv.management.util.misc.RunnableBase.run(RunnableBase.java:341)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:417)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:651)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:676)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: SGSAdmDS not found
        at com.sun.enterprise.naming.TransientContext.doLookup(TransientContext.java:216)
        at com.sun.enterprise.naming.TransientContext.lookup(TransientContext.java:188)
        at com.sun.enterprise.naming.TransientContext.lookup(TransientContext.java:192)
        at com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialContextProviderImpl.lookup(SerialContextProviderImpl.java:80)
        at com.sun.enterprise.naming.LocalSerialContextProviderImpl.lookup(LocalSerialContextProviderImpl.java:111)
        at com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialContext.lookup(SerialContext.java:417)
        ... 26 more
|#]

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Robert_Fidler
Offline
Joined: 2012-03-12

I fixed my issue.

I had to go into the domain.xml file and manually enable the JDBC resources that were set to disabled.

I am however not sure why the DAS would not save my changes to the JDBC resources (i.e. the fact that I enabled them via the GUI) which did work until a restart.

Rob