Skip to main content

Connection Error when creating a password alias for JMS Connection Factory, JMS Host

No replies
edsd

I'm trying to create a password alias that can be used for my JMS connection factory and JMS Hosts passwords. I create the password alias using the admin console then I assign it to each JMS connection factory Password parameter and I do the same with the JMS hosts. Then I restart Glassfish and I start getting a stream of java.net.ConnectionError exceptions. I've tried several formats for the password alias:
${ALIAS=jms_pw_alias}
"${ALIAS=jms_pw_alias}"
'${ALIAS=jms_pw_alias}'
`${ALIAS=jms_pw_alias}`
"\${ALIAS\=jms_pw_alias}"
'\${ALIAS\=jms_pw_alias}'
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I was able to implement password aliases for the oracle connections and for connecting to active directory, those worked fine. Just can't get it to work for JMS connection factories/hosts. I'm using Glassfish 3.1.1.

Also, I'm trying to understand how the JMS Hosts work. I'm using a local mq setting but I'm seeing that the server and default configurations are using a different port number than my application configs (7676 vs 27676). Does that mean there are two mq brokers or are they using the same mq broker with different ports? If I change the Open MQ broker default password using imqusermgr do I have to change the default password for all of the JMS hosts?