Skip to main content

Configuration of jdbc connection pool with mssql

6 replies [Last post]
rumex

Hi All..

I am a new programmer in JSF, and i just learn it within last week, and i am traing now to work with it..

I gotting problem with "jdbc connection pool", i try to create a pool to connect with MS SQL.

and I made a search and got a lots of link to explain how to connect with MSSQL.. and i got example on this link "http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19879-01/820-4335/beana/index.html" but i try to get these "The JAR files for this driver are smbase.jar, smsqlserver.jar, and smutil.jar." file but i didnt find them!!

until i got other topic to help by conect with "jtds",

http://www.java.net/node/700203

and i followed it but i got other error, by clickinh PING.. i got:

"Ping Connection Pool for microsoft_jtds_pool is Failed. Ping failed Exception - Connection could not be allocated because: Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect Please check the server.log for more details."

Please i need an advice to solve this problem..

Thanks in Advance..

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
rumex

I got the solve.. :)

I will mention how i connect Glassfish with Micrsoft SQL 2008 server.. to help any other programmer..

I am using "jtds-1.2.5" and you can download it from this link: http://jtds.sourceforge.net/

1) after you download the "jtds-1.2.5-dist.zip", unzip the file and you will find "jtds-1.2.5.jar", copy this file to lib folder on GlassFish folder, almost be on "c:". for example "C:\Program Files\glassfish\glassfish-3.1\glassfish\lib\".

2) then go to you GlassFish admin and create your JDB Connection Pool.

- Resources => JDBC => JDBC Connection Pools => New

Pool Name: any name

Next

DatabaseName: yourDBname
User: SQL Server login name, which usual be 'sa'
Password: ****
ServerName: localhost
PortNumber: 1433

Thats All.... but i got an error..

"Ping Connection Pool for microsoft_jtds_pool is Failed. Ping failed Exception - Connection could not be allocated because: Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect Please check the server.log for more details."

To solve it go to: Start => all programs => Microsoft SQL Server 2008 => Configuration Tools => SQL Server Configuration Manager.

then: SQL Server Network Configuration => Protocols for MSSQLSERVER => and then Enable TCP/IP protocal.

I hope it help any one get same error..

and thanks for whos gave me his time to solve this problem.

:)

sm157516

Have you set all the properties of the jdbc connection pool to the appropriate values? A sample jdbc connection pool configuration from the domain.xml for a mssql server 2005 looks like :

<jdbc-connection-pool
name="microsoft_sqlserver2005_pool"
datasource-classname="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource"
res-type="javax.sql.DataSource">
<property name="user" value="DB_USER"/>
<property name="password" value="DB_PASSWORD"/>
<property name="serverName" value="DB_HOSTNAME"/>
<property name="portNumber" value="1433"/>
<property name="databaseName" value="DATABASE_NAME"/>
</jdbc-connection-pool>

Also make sure that the database is running in the host/port mentioned.

rumex

Thanks for your reply..

and i fill this all information.. and i am traying to conect with Microsoft SQL 2008..

User: sa

DatabaseName: ContactMG
Password: 1234567
ServerName: localhost
PortNumber: 1433
but still getting an error.. by this message "Ping Connection Pool for microsoft_jtds_pool is Failed. Ping failed Exception - Connection could not be allocated because: Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect Please check the server.log for more details."
sm157516

Check if you are able to connect to the same mssql database from a standalone program.

rumex

Many thanks for your help.. i solve it by "Enable TCP/IP protocal"

(Start => All Programs => Microsoft SQL Server 2008 => Configuration Tools => SQL Server Network Configuration => Protocols for MSSQLSERVER => and then Enable TCP/IP protocal)

Thanks again for your times..

rumex

Hi All..

Can please get a help to how to connect with Microsoft SQL server..