Skip to main content

Can anyone translate this lengthy error in to plain English?

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
1 reply [Last post]
caspersgrin

I'm trying to install a war file into Glassfish 4 using the admin interface. The project was built with the Google Web Toolkit, and if it makes any difference, the IDE I'm using is Eclipse-Kepler built using Eclipse IDE. I do not understand the getting an error that I do not understand the error I'm getting while trying to install the application. Below is the error that appears in the raw log:

[2014-05-22T22:12:15.568-0700] [glassfish 4.0] [SEVERE] [] [javax.enterprise.system.core] [tid: _ThreadID=128 _ThreadName=admin-listener(7)] [timeMillis: 1400821935568] [levelValue: 1000] [[ Exception while loading the app : CDI deployment failure:WELD-001408 Unsatisfied dependencies for type [Set] with qualifiers [@Default] at injection point [[BackedAnnotatedParameter] Parameter 1 of [BackedAnnotatedConstructor] @Inject com.google.gwt.thirdparty.guava.common.util.concurrent.ServiceManager(Set)]
org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DeploymentException: WELD-001408 Unsatisfied dependencies for type [Set] with qualifiers [@Default] at injection point [[BackedAnnotatedParameter] Parameter 1 of [BackedAnnotatedConstructor] @Inject com.google.gwt.thirdparty.guava.common.util.concurrent.ServiceManager(Set)]

As you can well imagine, I can't even begin to fix the problem if I don't even understand the error (and why is org.jboss in the error. I don't even have any jboss tools installed in Eclipse).

Can anyone translate that error for me?

~ Rob

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
slominskir

I will guess the problem that you are running into is that you are trying to deploy a war file that includes Guava. This is known to not work in GlassFish 4 out of the box - see issue:

https://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-20579

The problem is that CDI (jboss weld) is overly aggressive in its classpath scanning by default. You can disable this with:

asadmin set configs.config.server-config.cdi-service.enable-implicit-cdi=false