Skip to main content

Help with resource injection

1 reply [Last post]
mperemsky

I have been forced to switch from Tomcat to Glassfish to test web services. During this move I have found that the way datasources in Tomcat are made are not the same as in Glassfish. I have read that resource injection is a good way to separate the code from the data source, but have not found anything that identifies all the steps involved. I have attempted to create a connection to the datasource using the @Resource annotation, but it did not work. I then started the Glassfish admin module and created a connection pool (named supportPool - it is pingable) and a JDBC Resource named supportdb that uses the supportPool.

I am on a short deadline and have been trying for hours to get this working. I am using NetBeans to create web services and the web service client. An help would be greatly appreciated.

public class MyClass {

private @Resource(name="supportdb") javax.sql.DataSource supportDS;

public void foo() {

// At this point supportDS is null, from what I've read this should contain a connection to the data source

Connection conn = supportDS.getConnection();

}

}

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
mperemsky

Sorry for the spam. Internet connection is slow tonight, refreshing the browser re-posted.