Skip to main content

serious trouble with my NetBeans and the GlassFish server

Please note these forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at
1 reply [Last post]

I am having serious trouble with my NetBeans and the GlassFish server, initially as of two days ago i was able to run few examples of web applications i have on my netbeans, but i don't know how it works cos initially i was made to believe that the GlassFish server that came with my NetBeans is not working each time i try to lunch it.

I made it up to NetBeans site to download GlassfFish Server 3 and installed it, to my surprise all i could discover is that all the web app examples i try to run since then did not run and each time i try it the information that keep poping-up is that "GlassFish Server 3 Server cannot start. Port is occupied."
A particular directory on my system will now be showed in my editor, in-front of which i will also see The Module has not been deployed .
Please, i have try all i could through re-installing and even to the NetBeans and SunJava websites to get the problem solved, but no solution yet,help me out of this problem so that i can move on with other things.
Am counting on you all

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Go to glassfish directory and delete domain. Create a new domain with different instance port and debug port parameters. In the asadmin under glassfish/bin directory you could see an example of how to create-domain. It is pretty easy. Then add the server to your netbeans as new server under tools/server. Specify the new ports rather than the default port.