Skip to main content

Problem with Eclipse Plugin for Glassfish 3.1.2

5 replies [Last post]
maibua

Hi,

my freshly installed Eclipse Indigo SR2 with a new workspace and the recent released GlassFish Server Tools produces an issue: Every time I start my Eclipse there will be add a new Glassfish Server Runtime Environment enty in my Server Tab.
First start: Internal GlassFish 3.1.2
Next Start: Internal Glassfish 3.1.2 and Internal Glassfish 3.1.2 (2)
and so on...

What's the problem?

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
sysmat

Do you know how to add mysql-connector-java-5.1.18-bin to this internal glassfish 3.1.2.

If I have stand-alone instalation of glassfish 3.1.2 I just put this jar in glassfish\modules directory and it work.

But with this internal I can't find where to put this jar.

Regards, Tomaz

sysmat

I figure it out it should be put in directory

eclipse\workspace\glassfish312eclipsedefaultdomain\lib\ext

Regards; Tomaz

kwutzke

Hi,

is there any way to prevent the GF plugin from installing any internal servers? I don't need and use that at all. I need to keep several instances anyway and setting them up manually is easy.

Karsten

piotrik

It was caused by bug in runtime plugin. Now it is fixed and you can download new runtime plugin at update site download.java.net/glassfish/eclipse/indigo (or juno, depends on what you are using). You have stil to unistall old buggy runtime - see the guide here https://blogs.oracle.com/piotrik/entry/bug_fix_for_eclipse_runtime.

Note: I don't recommend to install plugins from Eclipse marketplace, there are only old versions there. It may worked for this case because eclipse leaves uninstalled plugins inside plugins directory..

kaandok

The same thing happened to me when I installed the tool by adding http://dlc.sun.com.edgesuite.net/glassfish/eclipse/indigo/

as an update site and used "install new software". The following worked for me: uninstall everything installed from that update site

and install Glassfish Java EE Application Server Plugin from Eclipse Marketplace. This keeps the previously installed 3.1.2 as

the installed runtime (though it could be that 3.1.2 also ships with this one, I'm not sure) and eliminates the problem you described.