Skip to main content

Plugin doesn't deploy on Glassfish 2.1.1

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
2 replies [Last post]
facedancer

Using Helios SR2 + Glassfish 2.1 J2EE 5 runtime and Glassfish 2.1.1 I'm trying to deploy 'hello world' dynamic web project. Server has status [Started, Republish], application [Synchronized] but nothing happens, application is not reachable and visiting url gives 404. No trace of deployment in log. I tried to put my hello world thingie into Enterprise Application Project but it doesn't fix (read somewhere here that it solved other problem with the plugin). I see no error messages in the log, nothing about deployment can be found in server log. Logging in into console shows no web applications deployed. When I export war and manually deploy it using GF admin console it's deployed properly.
I also checked Glassfish 3.1 (same project) and it's deployed properly from Eclipse. I suppose there's problem with plugin or some of my setup. What's more confusing is that I've checked that on 3 different PCs (1xCentos x86_64, 2xWXP), with newest JDK and everywhere I have the same problem.
Any suggestions? Are there any logs that plugin could produce? How to enable 'em? Where to fine 'em?
Thanks in advance

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
facedancer

So, now I'm sure that the problem comes from plugin & eclipse, friend handed me hist eclipse-jee-helios-SR1-x86_64 with plugin 3.1.1.201009290929 and it's working fine. So obviously new plugin is broken?
Could somebody point me to where should I fill bug report?

sfkamth

Did you file a bug repot. Am having the same issue ! thanks
suneet