Skip to main content

Eclipse Glassfish Plugin + WTP + m2eclipse is broken

1 reply [Last post]
hwellmann

After upgrading my Eclipse EE installation to the most recent versions of all installed features (including m2eclipse, m2eclipse WTP, Glassfish plugin), I am no longer able to run my Maven web app using the Glassfish plugin.
In .../domains/domain1/eclipseApps/mywebapp/WEB-INF/lib, I can see some of my dependent libraries in the form foo.jar, where foo.jar is not a JAR file but a subfolder containing the exploded JAR content. This affects all Maven submodules of my Maven aggregator project, which are all represented as Eclipse projects via m2eclipse. External dependencies (i.e. JARs which do not correspond to a workspace project) are copied to WEB-INF/lib as a JAR, as expected.
This seems to be the reason why Glassfish is complaining about missing classes. Or should Glassfish now be able to handle dependent libs in exploded folders? I'm using the latest build 3.1-b38.
I have no clue which Eclipse feature is responsible for this problem. I tried to revert the involved features one by one to isolate the cause, but this attempt was frustrated by the fact that earlier versions of the Glassfish plugin and of m2eclipse WTP have disappeared from the update sites.
Using an older Eclipse installation, I can import and run my project without problems.
Last known good configuration:
Eclipse 3.6
Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers 1.3.0.20100617-0521 epp.package.jee
Maven Integration for Eclipse (Required) 0.10.2.20100623-1649 org.maven.ide.eclipse.feature.feature.group
Maven Integration for WTP (Optional) 0.10.0.20100209-0800 org.maven.ide.eclipse.wtp.feature.feature.group
Oracle GlassFish Server Tools 1.6.0.201006171607 oracle.eclipse.tools.helios.glassfish.feature.group
Broken configuration:
Eclipse 3.6.1
Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers 1.3.1.20100916-1202 epp.package.jee
Maven Integration for Eclipse (Required) 0.12.1.20110112-1712 org.maven.ide.eclipse.feature.feature.group
Maven Integration for WTP (Optional) 0.11.1.20101108-1810 org.maven.ide.eclipse.wtp.feature.feature.group
Oracle GlassFish Server Tools 1.7.0.201101121059 oracle.eclipse.tools.helios.glassfish.feature.group
Does anyone have an idea which of these updates is causing the problem?

Best regards,
Harald

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
ludo

Hi, yes gf 3.1 should support exploded libs dir and the eclipse plugin now does that.

Could you attach a small set of projects that would reproduce the iisue?

Is it all classes from exploded dirs missing? Or only cdi or ejbs?
If ejbs, can you see bug 324 of glassfishplugins jira category product?
Try the new update center from there