Skip to main content

OpenDS. 2.2 Update 1 Installation

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
No replies
LateefS

I have been trying run an OpenDS 2.2 Update 1 installation on a Windows 2008 32 bit server. I am running the setup.bat. I get the following errors for it:

The OpenDS gui said "Could not connect to the server after requesting start. If you have a firewall configured check that it allows connections to port 4444".

I also checked the windows log that was generated by the install. It had the following line below.

"WARNING: Could not connect to server: javax.naming.CommunicationException: CGYPAT2:4444 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
javax.naming.CommunicationException: CGYPAT2:4444 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]"

Why am I getting these errors ? Can someone suggest something ?

I have tried running wireshark and various other monitoring tools on the server during the install. But it is not giving me the information that I need. Please help.