Skip to main content

New to java

11 replies [Last post]
chdboy

Hi I'm very much new to java

I have INstalled jdk1.6.0 on my computer and when I run javac command it says Javac:File not found : Welcome.java(This is my class name)

Please help

thanks in Advance

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
juluia

Hey!

I am in the same situation as you. Recently, I wanna generate barcode in java appliations. I have tried a website which provides FREE java barcode generator. It is easy to use. Although I cannot help you, but I wanna recommend you this website. I f you are interested in generating barcode in java. You may have a try in someday! Hope you good luck!

http://onbarcode.com/products/java_barcode/

Kareem.Adams

Include Java jdk/jre directory path to PATH in environment variables.

e.g : c:\java\jdk1.6.0\

Go to Start => right click on My Computer => Properties => Advanced tab => Environment Variables => System Variable and locate Path and edit, variable value.

Then add the ;c:\java\jdk1.6.0\bin to the list.

That should solve it.

chdboy

Now it says 'javac' is not recognised as an internal or external command,operable programm or bath file

amitsoni1234

Hi ,

Please verify that JAVA_HOME is set properly in your system pointing the location or directory where you have installed Java in your system. Aslo check your system classpath and ensure that Java is set properly.

Thanks,

'Amit

chdboy

JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.7.0;

PATH=c:\jdk1.7.0\bin;

I hope this is right?

amitsoni1234

Hi,

Can you please tell me what is the os you are running java? As setting the path for Java on Linu/Unix or on Windows are different.

What environment you are using Java?

Amit

chdboy

I'm on Windows 7 OS and

how do I know about the environment?

petervin

petervin

Go to Start => right click on My Computer => Properties => Advanced tab => Environment Variables => System Variable and locate Path and edit, variable value.

Then add the ;c:\java\jdk1.6.0\bin to the list.

amitsoni1234

Hi,

If you are usng Microsoft Windows 7 Home Edition then it is difficult that Java will run as Home edition is less supports to softwares.

For better output use Windows 7 Professional edition or use MS Windows XP Profession with SP 3. These editions gives better environment for Java.

If you experience a best output use non-windows os like use Linux/Unix these are professinal os gives u real experience.

Apple MAC os also better one to use.

chdboy

But I have no other choice then Windows 7 Home Premium :(

amitsoni1234

Hi

Okay, You should set the classpath of Java installed in system. You must set the JAVA_HOME to the directory where Java is insatalled in ur system na dthen set the path of the bin under Java dircetory where it is installed.

Open new command compile and then rn it.

If any issues encountered pls let me know.

Amit

my emailid: amit1867@yahoo.co.in