Skip to main content

Netbeans - Java ME Game help.

Please note these java.net forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at https://community.oracle.com/community/java.
2 replies [Last post]
netray92

Hello everyone.
I'm making a game right now in Netbeans. I'm using the gamebuilder and midlets.
The game is based on the old pokemon games on gameboy where you look from above and control your character. The thing i'm trying to figure out, is how to interact with npc's in the game.
I've been trying to figure out how to do this, but it seems like i would end in a long based code which would be really anoying to keep track off, and i can't seem to find any tutorials, that may help me.
I hope someone can help me a bit with this problem. oh and i've only been programming a bit java for 8 months i think... but i keep challenging myself.. lol..
Anyway, i hope someone can help, and if you need any information or so, please let me know, and i'll do my best.
Regards
Net
P.s i'm new to the forums here:)

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
pjmlp

You are too vague. What exactly are you trying to do with the NPCs?

netray92

I'm trying to get a character(that i'm controlling) to interact with a npc.
If you know the pokemon games on gameboy, it's the same way, if you stand in front of the npc and hit like the A button, then it opens a text box where you're then having a "pre defined" conversation with that npc.
The meaning is that i want to make it possible to talk with these npc's so you can get asked questions where you have to answer on them to score points, this is mainly for educational purpose.
If i can get this to work, then i basically have the most important part of the Edutainment game that i'm making as an exam project..

I hope i've been a little more clear this time, if not, please let me know and i'll throw in another try.
Thanks for your response, it's very appriciated.
Net