Skip to main content

Need Help ((new to JAVA world))

Please note these forums are being decommissioned and use the new and improved forums at
5 replies [Last post]

Hello My name is MG iam new to java language i had studeied VB.NET before but all microsoft programming languages suck ...! at least to me >

so when i decided to move on to java world i found alot of topics , alot of fields.....JSP, JEE , JSE , JME i can't decide which way i should take ....????

i need to learn something to make me able to do server side app, so can anyone help me ?

thanks for all replays. :)

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I think you need to start with walking before you start running.
You need to learn the java core language first, download a copy of NetBeans and start creating basic programs, then move to more difficult, stuff, I have been java'ing for many years, and still scratch my head over the new tech, so no offence, start at the beginning. There are many great books Java for Dummies etc, and plenty of sites, like this one ...... go

You can start from JSP,Servlet, JSTL, struts, hibernate, tomcat. It is the basic for learning how to build a web app.

i'm new too in java world i didn't start yet because i don't know the way to start
i'm planning to make a web applications for commercial companies
i know SQL and HTML
now i want to know what i need to learn to make a complete web application
can you help me???

Thank's for your answering, i realy doesn't know what program should i installed, my friend's tell me to use IDE with Eclipse.

Sorry for this question it's caused i realy blind in java and want to start right now :)

Thank you Seo,,,,, very helpful .

do you recommed me a book to start ??