Skip to main content

3D interactive human body

2 replies [Last post]
Lycian

Hi guys,

I trying to write a "software" which is need an interactive 3D body. I mean the user could be able to change some values for example sizes, hair style/colour and so on. So the user is able to build a 3D clone.

I read a few articles and I found out the easiest way is to create a 3D body in a 3D software the import it as an object. I am just not sure if the user is able to edit that body in java or not later on.
The other thing what I was thinking is: What if I create the 3D body from 2D pictures? It sounds much more personal, and the user dont need to edit it but I have no idea how hard it could be. I read after that as well, but maybe you guys now more about this thing, as I did not find any really usefull infomrmation about that.

Thanks a lot
Daniel

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
LST

From my own experience, if I were you I would indeed import a 3D object (there are a few websites that let you download free models). After that try using a free 3D engine (Ogre 3D is a good example, they have a lot of tutorials about how to do cool things) with C++

Lycian

Thanks for your answer,

I downloaded Blender for 3D software it should make object with Unity which even straggling to instal:D it has some lovely NSIS problem anyway I will sort this out. What i want to try is how will java behave if I import a 3D object, will I able to edit how I want or not:P