Skip to main content

Since project moved to Project Kenjai unable to deply to the Maven Repository

4 replies [Last post]
paultaylor

The project is JAUDIOTAGGER
Since project moved to Project Kenjai unable to deply to the Maven Repository, I think I have followed the instruction s correctly
I made the following changes to my local pom.xml file

from
<repository><id>maven2-repository.dev.java.net</id>
to
<repository><id>maven2-repository.java.net</id>

from
<repository>
<uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>
<id>java.net-maven2-repository</id>
<url>java-net:/maven2-repository/trunk/repository/</url>
</repository>

to

<repository>
<uniqueVersion>false</uniqueVersion>
<id>java.net-m2-repository</id>
<url>java-net:/maven2-repository-svn/trunk/repository/</url>
</repository>

and Wagon version from
<version>1.8</version>
to
<version>1.12</version>

When I run mvn deploy it just complains:

Error retrieving previous build number for artifacts 'org:jaudiotagger:jar' repository metadata for: 'snapshot org:jaudiotagger:2.0.4-SNAPSHOT' could not be retrieved from repository: java.net-m2-repository due to an error: Connection failed:Unable to connect to https://svn.java.net/svn/maven2-repository-svn/trunk/repository

What am I doing wrong

thanks Paul

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
sonyabarry
Administrator

I realize that this is a very late response to your question. Sonatype is now maintaining our maven respository. Documentation is here:

http://java.net/projects/maven2-repository/pages/MigrationAndCleanupRela...

paultaylor

So have it got this right:

1.Thats the instructions posted before are complete rubbish and do not work.

2. The new instructions just provide another method to get into the maven repository, rather than hosting your old one.

sonyabarry
Administrator

1. Whatever instructions were posted before are no longer valid because Java.net is going to discontinue hosting an adhoc maven repo in favor of paying Sonatype to do it for us. New instructions for new repository.

2. I personally am not a maven user, so I can't judge the instructions I linked to. They were provided by Sonatype. If you still need help please contact them directly and let them know where the instructions are unclear so they can fix it.

Mailing List: users@maven2-repository.java.net at http://java.net/projects/maven2-repository/lists

IRC: irc.codehaus.org #mavencentral, ping juven

zonski

For what it is worth, I just got my project working with Maven snapshot releases by following the Sonatype documentation linked to in the previous reply.

I haven't deployed an official release yet (my project is not quite ready) and my project is new, rather than a migration, but I found it very easy to get the snapshot releases working and deployed to a public repository. The process was good and the docco was sufficient for me. As a maven fan, this is a major plus over other open source project hosts that I have used before.