Skip to main content

Binaries and/or compile instructions (docs) for phoneME?

1 reply [Last post]
divukman

Hi all,

I have a WM6.5 running older version of phoneME. Since we have hit the memory limit (32MB), I did a bit of research and found out there is a fix for it. So, I needed newer binaries of phoneME.

I have been trying to compile the phoneME advanced for few days now. I got the sources from the java.net's svn repository. I found Davy's instructions http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/ and succeeded building for wm5. However, the cvm does not want to run :/ Build dir for wm6.5 is not present at all!? Compiling for wince50 ended in unresolved external reference and that is where I put a hold onto compiling, for now.

Either way, I downloaded the binaries Davy provided. They all (wm5, wm6, wce, ppc) did work, but the resolution on our device is messed up, ending with not displaying app properly.

So, I am thinking in two directions now:

1) Where can I find binaries for wm6.5 (kernel wince 5.2...I think), so I save myself misery of compiling the thing on WinOS (or I will end installing some Linux distro).

2) Better instructions for compiling.

Buying beer for help.
Thanks.
Dimitar

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
divukman

Well, I got everything compiled, but the build won't work on the device. Anyone have any ideas as to why?