Skip to main content

VPOP Service Tune Action Key Event Generation

3 replies [Last post]
Fred_Smith

All -

HNP2.0-I07 (and I08) section 5.13.2.2.6, in describing the VPOP service's Tune action, states "The OCAP Host device SHALL then generate the following key events, in order:" in reference to the generation of RC key events in response to the action. The spec indicates the VK_ keys to generate, but does not specify which specific key event should be generated (pressed, released, typed, etc).

The RI implementation (1.2.2 Rel A, and all of the versions I've found on java.net) generates a KEY_RELEASED event. There is a TODO in the RI code questioning whether this is correct.

Has any additional work/consideration been done on this?

The guide I am working on triggers off of KEY_PRESSED events. It would seem that since the purpose of the VPOP service is to simulate remote control key presses to affect channel change, both KEY_PRESSED and KEY_RELEASED events should be generated. Applications may expect either or both. Regardless, this could be clarified in the HNP specification.

Any input or clarification would be appreciated,
Fred
fred.smith at schange.com

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
landerson

It appears that the HNP specification needs clarification in regard to what specific key event should be generated as you have pointed out. In recent internal emails, it looks like there will be an ECR generated to address this deficiency.

Fred_Smith

An additional item - from my testing/code study, 1.2.2 Rel A also does not appear to generate the trailing VK_ENTER event as spec'd by HNP2.0. I have not yet tested the VK_PERIOD specified for the minor channel separator case.

Fred

landerson

Code to generate a trailing VK_ENTER event has been incorporated in RI svn rev 36679 and will be included in the upcoming 1.2.2 Rel F release.

It does not appear there is logic to generate the VK_PERIOD. Can you please file an Issue Tracker issue to report this issue and to ensure it is addressed promptly?