Skip to main content

Published recordings not listed in DLNA clients

5 replies [Last post]
sivaaathi

Hi,

I have an application which publishes the recordings to a container.
The container is listed in VLC. But the recordings added to this container are not listed.

Is there any other settings to be done, so that the recordings will be listed by VLC.

Steps done:
1. Obtained root container from contentServerNetModule
2. Created a container with the name "recordingContainer". [rotContainer.createContentContainer("recordingContainer", perms)]
3. Added recordings to the recordingContainer.

RI.Version : 1.2.2 REL A

Thanks,
Ati

Reply viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
dgalliga

Ati,

What is your perms set to? I do not believe VLC is a DLNA certified client. At best VLC has slowly improved their UPnP support the last few years. Which version of VLC are you using.

That said the current release of both the RI and VLC appear to properly list recordings.

Based on your feedback I can attempt to replicate your environment better.

Thanks,

Doug

sivaaathi

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your reply.

I had set the perm as, perms = new ExtendedFileAccessPermissions(true, true, true, true, true, true, null, null);

VLC version used: VLC Media Player 2.0.4 TwoFlower

I even tried with PS3.
Both the VLC and PS3 are listing the published live channels but not the recordings.

Thanks,
Ati

sivaaathi

Hi Doug,

After setting proper permission in ocapRecordingProperties, the recordingContentItems are listed in PS3. VLC is not listing the recordings though.

Thanks,
Ati

dgalliga

Glad to hear that PS3 visibility is there. As VLC isn't an verified UPnP control point, I can't speak to it's fitness. We use DeviceSpy for testing features ad-hoc, as well as PS3 for device interoperability.

That said, I'm seeing recordings though that version of VLC on my machine. We use RiExerciser to publish content, so it might be worth a look to see if there is anything you might be missing from there.

dgalliga

Glad to hear that PS2 visibility is there. As VLC isn't an verified UPnP control point, I can't speak to it's fitness. We use DeviceSpy for testing features ad-hoc, as well as PS3 for device interoperability.

That said, I'm seeing recordings though that version of VLC on my machine. We use RiExerciser to publish content, so it might be worth a look to see if there is anything you might be missing from there.