About the IoT Developer Challenge
This challenge rewards developers who create applications using Java Embedded with devices, boards and other IoT technologies. Submissions are accepted until May 30th, 2014 at 7:30pm PT
How to Enter
- Create a well-implemented, innovative and useful application using Java Embedded with devices, boards or other IoT technologies.
- Fill out in English the Challenge Entry Requirements form.
- Submit a video and the code of a working project.
Judging CriteriaThe entries will be judged based on its implementation, innovation and usefulness.
- Quality: a well-implemented project with working code and using Oracle Java Embedded with computer boards, devices or IoT Technologies
- Innovation: a new and innovative way of using Java Embedded
- Usefulness: a project that meets a business need
The PrizesThere are two categories: professional and student. The professional category is the default one.
In the professional category: Three teams will win a trip to JavaOne. Three members of the winning teams will receive a JavaOne 2014 pass plus flight and hotel (for up to $2,000). (Note that meals and other expenses will not be reimbursed.)
In the student category:
- 1st place: three members of winning student team will each receive a JavaOne 2014 pass + flight and hotel during JavaOne 2014 for up to $2,000 USD. (Note that meals and other expenses will not be reimbursed)
- 2nd place: three members of the winning team will each receive one laptop computer and one Oracle certificate exam voucher for a total value of $1,500 USD.
- 3rd place: three members of the winning team will each receive one laptop computer and one Oracle certificate exam voucher for a total value of $1,300 USD
Get Started Training!Attend a live session on Java Embedded and Raspberry Pi or other boards. Anyone can attend for free. Register today for a chance to win a Raspberry Pi Starter Bundle!
Key DatesSubmissions begin March 3rd, 2014
Submission deadline is May 30th, 2014
Winners announced June 30th, 2014
JavaOne 2014 from Sept. 28 to Oct. 2, 2014