Skip to main content

Blog Archive for kohsuke during November 2006

A few more updates on the java.net maven repository: JSR-250 jars and source zips are now available in the maven repository. The fact that java.net only accepts HTTPS connections is a source of many troubles. So I set up a mirror of the repository at glassfishwiki.org. This is synced every hour. Source jars for stax-ex, sjsxp, stax-api are also posted. I've been fixing missing dependencies of...
Background Ambient Orb One of my hobby projects is Hudson, and there I use colored balls as a metaphor of the build status — red means fatal errors, yellow means test failures, blue means OK, etc. One day I came across the ambient orb, which I thought would be a rather cool widget as the real world representation of the Hudson ball. I commit to a large number of projects, and I...
One of the additions in the JAX-WS RI 2.1 EA3 is a simple way to add SOAP headers for your request. The official "portable" way of doing this is that you creaate a SOAPHandler and mess with SAAJ. This works, but Vivek though it's just too much work for such a simple thing one day, and we all agreed. So we quickly put together a better way to do this. Here's how to do this: When you create a...
We have the java.net maven repository which hosts a bunch of interesting artifacts for our java.net projects. One of the things I liked about it is that many projects have source jars hosted (which improves the development experience because you can see the source from IDE.) This morning, I noticed that my maven 2.0.4 isn't downloading source jars from there, whereas my Maven 1 works just fine...
I just released the two version of the RIs in one day. The first is the JAXB RI 2.0.4, which is a bug fix release to the stable and compatible 2.0.x line. Even though it's only been a month since we released 2.0.3, 2.0.3 was on a separate frozen branch for a long time (because it's synced to JavaSE6), so 2.0.4 actually contains a larger number of fixes than we'd normally put in 1 month. 2.0.4...
Over the weekend I switched the build of Hudson to Maven from Ant, for the goal of making plugin development a whole lot easier. Writing a plugin for Maven was really painful, but I'm hoping that I achieved the original goal. The first step of developing a plugin would be to install a necessary Maven plugin on your system. In theory, this shouldn't be needed — Maven is supposed to...
I posted a new version of Hudson, 1.59, today. Hudson is an extensible continuous integration engine. Lately I've been primarily trying to take out the "rough edges" in the usability — things like better error recovery and diagnostics, additional graph generations, some long-standing RFEs that were left in the issue tracker, visual improvements. Those are the things that differenciate a...